Designed and built a futuristic looking camera case for Raspberry Pi Zero. The original idea was to have a camera to monitor my 3D builds and create timelapse shots of various things.
Bill of Material
The bill of material for the components is the following:
- 3D printed case
- Raspberry Pi Zero
- Waveshare Li-ion Battery hat
- Camera Module with cable compatible with RPi Zero
- Two push buttons, I used these from Amazon.de
- 1.5" OLED display or similar
- Round 8x1 mm magnets for back cover, I used these from Amazon.de
3D Printed Case
3D case modeling was done with Fusion 360 and the final design has six different components.
I published the model's .STL files Creative Commons license and those can be downloaded from Printables.com, here.
There are many good tutorials on how to use Python for taking pictures when pressing button. The possibilities on what you do with your picture files after that are endless - apply AI magic to them or just post them directly to your Telegram etc. Couple of tutorials to get you started: